Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Setting up


I'm not a very good baker. My cooking style is better suited to meals, things that let me use my intuition and taste instead of my ability to follow directions and precision.

Two years ago I attempted to bake a flourless chocolate cake for someone's birthday - it turned out miserably. By the time I realized what a failure it was he was on his way home and it was too late to run to the store for some mix or even a pre-made cake. I hoped that the flavor would save it. It didn't. I'm still amazed we didn't get sick from eating it. I've learned a lot since then.

This year I am attempting another ambitious project - a cake in the shape of a cylon raider. It's robot stuff. Action shot to your upper left.




These are my ingredients. White cake that will be dyed red - white frosting that will be dyed black, DOTS for the power nubs on the back, twizzlers for the scanner/eye, stella d'oro cookies for his body and a computer print out of the shape of the raider for me to use as a stencil. I know it's box cake and that's lame but after the flourlesss cake disaster of '06 TRUST ME it's better this way.

Let's do this!!

1 comment:

ammanda said...

ireney i am so so proud of you !!